Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am enjoying football

Back before we had kids, I really enjoyed sitting and watching a football game. I had to have at least a little interest in the teams, but it did not have to be one of my teams. Over the last several years the interest has faded away. Maybe its because Jeff can get way into it so it has sent me in the other direction. Maybe its because my team has not done all the great, but other than this year they have not been horrible. Maybe its that our weekends are so crazy I just don't have time to enjoy it. But, tonight I have actually sat and watched a good portion of the SEC Championship. And, I am enjoying it. Of course, I have a great dislike for Florida and at the moment they are not doing so well. Jeff went over to watch the game with his softball team. The kids are there as well playing with the Macdonald kids. I made dinner for myself that no one else would enjoy and have watched football. I should have been wrapping presents or doing something productive, but it has been nice. Now if Alabama can keep Florida from scoring 3 times, it will be worth it!

On another note, today was Carson's first basketball game. Macie fell asleep in my arms before Carson went in to play so I don't have pictures, but he did fairly well. He actually ran fast from one end of the court to the other. He got the ball a few times, but I think he was afraid to dribble the ball. He would pass it on to another player as soon as he caught it. I could really get use to basketball since it is inside with a place to sit!

No comments: