Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ellie's Birthday Party

I seriously waited until the last minute to plan something for Ellie's birthday. When Carson and Macie turned 2, they had lots of little neighborhood friends to celebrate. But, Ellie only has a couple little friends. The week of her birthday, I decided to just have a couple family friends to the play ground to play.

Since I waited until the last minute, I did not ask Brandee to make a cake. Instead I made Elmo cupcakes.
Untitled

They were not as good as Brandee's, but I thought they looked cute.
Untitled

Anytime someone would say Happy Birthday, Ellie would say "and Elmo." She was very excited about her Elmo cupcakes.
bday5

But, when it came time to eat the cupcakes, she would not eat one. I think she thought she was eating Elmo. Thankfully, I had made some basic cupcake and stuck Elmo and Abby toppers on them. She ate one of those all up.
Bday8

The other kids loved playing in the sand for the volley ball courts.
bday6

But, Ellie does not like to walk in sand. She convinced her friend Nicole to come up and blow bubbles with her instead.
bday7

It was a short party since we did it after church. But, she had fun. Maybe next year we will have a big party for her.

No comments: