She had a great day. She went poppy a couple more times and was dry most of the day. We had a t-ball game. She said she needed to go potty, but I put her off (it was just a few minutes after and earlier visit to the potty). When we got to dinner she was a little wet and a little more wet when we got home. But, I am impressed for doing it all her self. We will see how she does tomorrow when she has to go to school. She wants to wear her Dora panties, so if she does well, I told her could try on Wednesday.
what I did, I could make a million dollars.
Our plans have been to work on potty training early this summer. I would say we have been in the pre-potty training phase for a while. But, we have not been really working on it. She has started to wake up with a dry diaper in the morning. I did not count on this since it has been such a struggle for Carson. Well, I figure if she wakes up dry, we should try to get her to go on the potty. She has done fairly well-especially if Jeff is the one to take her.
Last night just after we put Macie to bed, she comes out of her room with her diaper off. When she gets to me (after hitting her head on something), I asked her if she needed to go potty. She said yes and went a ton. When she woke up today, she was dry. So she went again. She tried before we left the house, but she was still dry. We were running errands and I had to go to the bathroom. This was about 4 hours after she got up and she was still dry. I asked her if she had to go and she said yes. She sat on the big potty (a big dread for me) and went. I was so pround of her. About 1/2 hour later we were at music class and she told me she needed to go. We went, and she went again. Then when we got home, she went in her potty. The before nap she asked to go again and went poopy.
So since last night she has only been using the potty. I am sure it was a fluke, but I am still pround of her! And, if I knew how to make it happen from here on out, I would write a book and make a million dollars!
The picture of Macie playing with the stuffed animails in Sears after going potty. This Sears has mostly Lands End things.
4 comments:
THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fear potty training. He currently screams bloody murder if we sit him on the big potty (so we don't anymore) and he'd rather stand in his little potty. Oh jeez. We've got a long way to go. On other note, he is currently taking a nap in his big boy bed.
Tell Macie that Grandma is proud of her!
Yeah Macie! That's awesome Sandy. Must be the weather or phase of the moon or something - Megan has been all about the potty since last night. So wierd. She's still in her diapers (and using them) - but has gone to the potty (even the big one, once) 4 times since yesterday afternoon. I think we are going to hold off until July since I don't want to be stopping every hour on our 20 hur drive to MN in June. But I'm encouraged to hear about Macie!!!!
Woo hoo Macie!!! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment