Monday, June 2, 2008

Building, dirt, and growing a tree

For Christmas, my parents got Jeff and I a play set for our kids. (Yes my parents are divorced, but they are still friends making things easy for us). With Mom's accident and other things going on, we have just started the process of getting it up. My dad is building it with the help of Jeff and Carson. Last weekend, we had to clear out some of the wooded area in our back yard to fit it. Since we had a huge storm, the garbage company was picking up yard waste so the timing was perfect. Dad, Jeff and I worked hard getting the area ready. Carson also got his saw and helped!

Meanwhile, Macie was busy eating dirt!This certainly is not the best photo of her, but you can see the dirt in her teeth and all over her face!



The guys worked again this weekend and got some of it built, I will show you the progress in another post. (The other pictures were last weekend)



Sunday, Carson decided he wanted to plant an apple tree. He was eating an apple and wanted to plat the seeds. So, to the backyard we went to "grow an apple tree."

Heading out to begin the work. I really included this picture so you can see Macie's cute pigtails!


Helping Daddy prepare the ground.







The "seeds"



Macie playing with the dirt (again) while Carson supervises.




Have a good Monday. Hopefully we will have some fun to share with you this week.

2 comments:

Whitlamy said...

The dirt photo of Macie is priceless!!

Suzanna said...

That is so cute...those pictures will be family favorites forever, I'm sure!