Carson Wesley
Carson is just a name we liked. I had a little boy in the church nursery I loved who was named Carson. Carson Palmer also won the Heisman Trophy in 2003 when I was pregnant with him. But, mostly we just liked the name. Wesley was Jeff's grandfather's (on his mom's side) middle name. I never met him, but he was very special to Jeff. I decided to give Jeff Wesley knowing I would get to choose the next family name. But, I really like it now. Our nephew Jake shares the same middle name for the same reason.
Macie Avaleen
Several years ago, my mom made a family history book for Rene' and me. In it was a genealogy for my mom's dad's mom's family. There was a distant relative named Macie, and I liked the name. When we knew we were having a girl, we decided we both liked it. Jeff's only request was not to spell it like the store. Avaleen was my mom's mom's middle name. I always wanted to honor my grandmother by naming a child after her. If Macie had been a boy, the middle name would have been Wilson-my grandmother's maiden name.
Elliott Grace
Ellie's name had been on the table for all 3 of the kids. It would have been Carson's name if he had been a girl. But, when Macie was born, I knew too may Ellies. So, this time around it was still the name we liked. We did try to come up with a MAP girl name, but we did not find one we liked.
Elliott was my mom's dad's middle name. There are actually 3 other boys in the family with Elliott as a middle name. And, I have heard another cousin will also use Elliott if he has kids (He is one of the Elliotts int he family). As you can tell our grandfather was special to all of us. His first name was Elmo so we did not think we should use that. Grace just went with Elliott.
Now if we can all agree on what to call baby girl we will be in good shape. Jeff and I usually call her Ellie. But, Macie calls her Ellie Grace most of the time. And, Carson usually calls her Elliott. I love Ellie Grace, but Jeff does not like double names. I guess we will see what sticks.
Carson is just a name we liked. I had a little boy in the church nursery I loved who was named Carson. Carson Palmer also won the Heisman Trophy in 2003 when I was pregnant with him. But, mostly we just liked the name. Wesley was Jeff's grandfather's (on his mom's side) middle name. I never met him, but he was very special to Jeff. I decided to give Jeff Wesley knowing I would get to choose the next family name. But, I really like it now. Our nephew Jake shares the same middle name for the same reason.
Macie Avaleen
Several years ago, my mom made a family history book for Rene' and me. In it was a genealogy for my mom's dad's mom's family. There was a distant relative named Macie, and I liked the name. When we knew we were having a girl, we decided we both liked it. Jeff's only request was not to spell it like the store. Avaleen was my mom's mom's middle name. I always wanted to honor my grandmother by naming a child after her. If Macie had been a boy, the middle name would have been Wilson-my grandmother's maiden name.
Elliott Grace
Ellie's name had been on the table for all 3 of the kids. It would have been Carson's name if he had been a girl. But, when Macie was born, I knew too may Ellies. So, this time around it was still the name we liked. We did try to come up with a MAP girl name, but we did not find one we liked.
Elliott was my mom's dad's middle name. There are actually 3 other boys in the family with Elliott as a middle name. And, I have heard another cousin will also use Elliott if he has kids (He is one of the Elliotts int he family). As you can tell our grandfather was special to all of us. His first name was Elmo so we did not think we should use that. Grace just went with Elliott.
Now if we can all agree on what to call baby girl we will be in good shape. Jeff and I usually call her Ellie. But, Macie calls her Ellie Grace most of the time. And, Carson usually calls her Elliott. I love Ellie Grace, but Jeff does not like double names. I guess we will see what sticks.
If you would like to join to fun, head over to Kelly's and join the fun. And, let me know you posted so I can read about your kids too.
3 comments:
awww, I love Ellie Grace ... very pretty. Love all your names and the ties to family history!
I probably won't do a post about it, but I'll just tell ya...
Bryce Andrew - Bryce cause we liked it. Andrew after my cousin that died the year Michael and I got married. He was one year older than me and we basically grew up together.
Dawson Lee - Dawson cause we liked it. Lee after me and my dad. Both of our middle names are Lee.
If we ever have a little girl, she'll be named after my mom. And, if we ever have another little boy (which would thrill me) he'll hopefully be named after my dad's dad.
P.S. My maternal grandmother's maiden name was Wilson also. I've always liked that name, too.
Ellie Grace, Ellie Grace, Ellie Grace! Or even, Elliott Grace, Elliott Grace Elliott Grace. You know you set the name. You sign her up everywhere. Cone on. You know you can do it! She'd be just Ellie to Jeff. Not that I have an opinion or anything! :)
Post a Comment