Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin treats


I have always loved pumpkin pie. I love the holidays because my family always had pumpkin pie. I remember one time when I was in high school I think, my mom had a pie cooling on the counter in our kitchen. My cat, Daisy, climbed up there and took a nice bite out of the middle. She was a great cat for kids, but she could get into some trouble. Maybe one day I will try to find a picture to scan of Daisy. I had her from the summer before 1st grade (5 years old) until my sophomore year in college (19 years old).
Back to pumpkin talk! A few years ago, I discovered that a bagel shop around here has pumpkin cream cheese and bagels in the fall. I can not really taste it in the bagels, but I love the cream cheese. Since I only have 2 weeks left to get to my weight watchers goal, I have not had one this year. I will be there soon though. I will just plan to have veggies for a meal to make up for the large amount of cream cheese I will eat. Sunday, I discovered another pumpkin treat. Statbucks has pumpkin drinks this month. I don't know how long they are around, but I highly recommend you try one! I had the fat free latte without whip cream and it was incredible. I am sure it is even better if you get it with the really fattening stuff. There is also an ice cream shop in town that has pumpkin ice cream this time of year. Jeff likes it a lot, but it isn't my favorite. I noticed as I drove by the other day they have milkshakes too. I might try one before they are gone, but again, I would have to balance my points!
Basically, even without the holidays, I could find a few extra pounds in the fall. I just went to the Starbucks website and looked up the calories for the pumpkin lattes and frappuccinos. My best bet is the light frappuccino. It has 1/3 of the WW points as a regular!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I don't know, I still think on a bad day that a grande nonfat pumpkin latte is SOOOO worth the 6 points!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, i LOVE all things pumpkin. i think it is because i associate it with the holidays and my family too. anyway, pumpkin candles, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pies, i do it all! who has pumpkin milkshakes? last night i made the soft pumpkin cookies from marianna's blog. they were good, but more like muffin tops than cookies, i thought. of course, i may have done something wrong.

suzanna